Do you have a new
Or maybe your current website needs a complete overhaul?
Then you are in the right place!
Design Process Overview
The Core of Sundell Solutions is Website Design
I focus on custom, professional WordPress websites that:
- Help you achieve your short and long term goals
- Give your visitors a polished user interface and experience (UI / UX)
- Work well on desktop, mobile, and tablet screen sizes
I use a 6-step design process that starts with planning and ends with launching your new website. I include a complimentary maintenance period to find and fix anything that comes up those first few weeks after a new website launches.
- Planning – It is crucial to take the time at the beginning of a project to determine what you want your website to accomplish for you and how it will look before jumping into designing the website.
- Initial Layout – After we have a plan, I design one of the main website pages, including creating the website’s header, footer, and menu.
- Final Layout – After we have finalized the initial layouts, I design the remaining website pages and templates – making sure they look great on all screen sizes.
- Functionality – Next, I add the functionality needed in your website – this varies based on your requirements but may include: forms, e-commerce tools, newsletter signups, payment buttons, and connections to other software tools you use.
- Launch – Your website is ready to be linked to your domain name and go live!
- Maintenance – I offer two free months of website hosting and maintenance to fix any issues that show up after launch.
- There are specific check-in points to get your feedback and make changes.
- If at any time during the process you want to put your project on hold or stop it entirely, it is clear what has been done and what is left to do.
- Instead of a large lump sum at the start, payments align with each phase of the website project.
We start by gathering information about your project. I begin by learning the basics of what you do, who your audience is, and what you want to achieve with your website. I then research your industry or niche, and then we have a virtual or in-person meeting to discuss your project and answer any questions you have.
Next, we gather all of your assets in one location – this includes logos, brand colors, fonts, images, text, and anything else you have created for your website.
At the end of this phase, we will have another meeting to review the Website Planning Guide I created for your project. We will discuss the next steps for your project and answer any questions you have.
At this stage I will provide a proposal for the cost of the Final Design and Website Functionality phases of your website design project. This proposal will also include creating or finding any assets for your website that are still needed.
I use the information gathered in the planning phase to layout one of your website’s primary pages – including designing the website’s header, footer, and menu. We discuss this design and make changes. At the end of this step you will have the basis for your website.
Using the page designed in the initial design phase, I will create the additional pages and templates for your website. Once again, we will review these new pages and make changes. At the end of this stage, the “look” of your website will be complete.
Now is the time to make your website “do something” – this may include adding forms, payment services, membership areas, eCommerce, mailing lists, and automation integrations.
At the end of this phase, you will have a fully functional website, and all that is left is to go live.
I make sure all pages are SEO-ready, point your URL to the website, submit a sitemap to Google, and check that the website’s links and functionality are working. Your website is now live!
* Price is for websites that remain on my hosting package; an extra charge will be added to move your website to another hosting platform.